A training for those ready to step into embodied dance facilitation roles. Whether you know it as 'holding space', 'creating a container' or 'ceremony leading', the job is the same: to act as a guide, making it easier for participants to let go into the dance experience.
Are you a dedicated dancer who is ready to deepen your involvement with the conscious dance movement? Are you an established conscious dance facilitator who wants to broaden your scope (and find more jobs!)? Are you an organizer who wants to fine tune the opening and closing ceremonies to achieve that special feeling of containment which Ecstatic Dance is famous for? Do you want space to learn and practice your skills immersed in a fun and supportive environment among peers?
Then our Facilitator Training is for you!
Our Facilitator Training includes:
AN OPPORTUNITY TO FACILITATE A DANCE
ESTATIC DANCE & MEDITATION CLASSES
OPPORTUNITIES TO DJ
7 DAYS/ 6 NIGHTS
DAILY THEORY AND MOVEMENT CLASSES
You will learn to guide with both explicit and implicit themes and exercises, and have an opportunity to open/close a dance.
Use your 100-page manual & workbook to capture ideas for your future as a conscious dance facilitator. Uplevel your confidence and expand your network of colleges and friends to work with in the future.
It is our goal for you to leave this training with the tools, knowledge and support you need to lead dancers in a deeply embodied way. It has been designed for dancers with varied levels of dance facilitation experience.
We will explore the responsibilities of a spaceholder, from the seemingly magical ability to transform the atmosphere of a room to the practical no-nonsense skills needed for group management.
During the seven days, you will:
• Learn from an international team of certified conscious dance facilitators and Ecstatic Dance event organizers
• Hone your skill in a supportive environment which fosters collaboration and community
• Be taught practical embodiment skills founded on somatic therapeutic principles in order to deliver meaningful openings and closings
• Have an opportunity to act as facilitator for an actual dance
• Network with others in the conscious dance world to collaborate and fill your classes
• Connect with new friends at a gorgeous resort
• Nourish your body with delicious wholesome meals, movement classes in a stunning natural environment